Awards and Accolades
At Florida Institute of Orthopaedic Surgical Specialists, our commitment to patient-centered care is what guides us as an institution. Being recognized by local, regional and national organizations for our work and achievements in the field of orthopaedics brings a credibility and prestige to our practice that you can count on. The following awards and accolades bestowed upon each of our physicians exemplify the passion our physicians have for orthopaedics, as well as demonstrate the level of care you will receive from us.
W. Vincent Burke, MD
- America’s Top Orthopedists, 2009, 2010-2015
- Florida Super Doctors, 2008-2012
- Best Doctors in America – Bestdoctors.com 2007-2012
- Patient’s Choice Award – Vitals.com, 2011, 2013
- Compassionate Doctor Award – Vitals.com, 2010, 2012
Dr. Burke has been published in numerous leading orthopaedic publications including the Journal of Arthroplasty, the Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, and Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research. He has presented other works, papers or abstracts at national and international conferences including the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons Annual Meeting and the Second World Conference on Injury Control, respectively, among many others.
George Caldwell, MD
Dr. Caldwell has been voted by fellow physicians for inclusion into multiple major reference directories including: America’s Top Doctors, Best Doctors in America, Florida “Super Docs”, the Guide to America’s Top Surgeons and has also been named one of “The Leading Physicians of the World.” He has the unique distinction of being named to Castle Connolly’s Top Doctor Award for over 15 years in a row. In addition, he has received the following honors:
- America’s Top Orthopedists (Consumers’ Research Council of America), 2010-2015
- Leading Physicians of the World (The International Association of Healthcare Prof.); 2010-2015
- Top Doctors, Gold Coast Magazine, 2008 – 2016
- Florida Super Doctors, 2008-2016
- Physicians Recognition Award, American Medical Association, 1995
- Fellowship Research Award, University of Pittsburgh Sports Medicine (1994)
- Cum Laude, Princeton University (1984)
Dr. Caldwell has held appointments to a number of sports-related committees including:
- NFL Physicians Society, Executive Committee
- Co-Director, Broward Health Sports Medicine
- Florida Board of Athletic Trainers, Vice-Chairman (appointment by the Governor), 2008
- Florida Sports Foundation, Board of Directors (appointment by the Governor), 2002-2005
Dr. Caldwell has been published in numerous medical publications including Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, Operative Techniques in Sports Medicine and the Journal of Sports Rehabilitation. He has presented other works, papers or abstracts at meetings of the American Sports Medicine Institute, American Orthopaedic Society of Sports Medicine, and the National Athletic Trainers Association, among many others.